Can the court order me to take a drug test for anabolic steroids during my annullment precedings ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Severance, CO

I Have rencently served my wife with annullment papers , and my wife will be responding to them soon , She said her response will be that I be sober from any illegal substances for 3 months. I am on anabolic steroids and she knows this , can the court order me to take a drug test , and if so does this even hold any relevance to the request for annullment?

1. Stephen Clark Harkess

1

1

Answered . It is hard to see what possible relevance steroid use would have to a declaration of invalidity action. The Court has the power to order a drug test, but a judge won't do this unless there is a reason. If child custody is an issue it might be relevant. If the only issue is the validity of the marriage, I can't see how your drug use would be relevant.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . So long as you are legal and only taking perscription medical drugs, not to worry, right?

It is at least possible that once a judge is involved a drug test might come up, but in a civil matter it would be more remote than it would be in a criminal case.

Why worry? It sounds like your opponent is pulling out all the stops.