Can the cops knock your door down if you have a warrant for your arrest

Asked about 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

this warrant is for child support I do have a past prison record but havent been in trouble for 4 years

1. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

5

Answered . They probably can if you don't open the door. Every situation is different. If you haven't been picked up on the warrant get an attorney to help you resolve this situation.

2. Nicholas Milan Loncar

Pro

5

Answered . Did this already happen, or are you concerned that it may happen? They probably have the authority to knock down your door if they know you're inside and you won't answer, but I would think they wouldn't do so for a child support warrant.

Best,

Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
    t: 323.803.4352 | f: 323.617.3838
    www.iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Nicholas.Loncar@iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Sunset Law Building | 1295 W Sunset Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA | 90027

3. Brian K Wanerman

3

Answered . If they have a warrant for your arrest, have probable cause to believe you are inside and you do not let them in after being informed of the warrant, yes, they can break the door down. You need to get a criminal defense lawyer immediately.