Can the CHP write me a registration fix it ticket for a car purchased form a dealer even though DMV has yet to send me the reg.?

Asked over 5 years ago - San Marcos, CA

I purchased a used vehicel from a dealer 30 days ago for my daughter. All registration was done at the dealer and they put the temp registration in the window. The car has no plates. This weekend, my daughter was pulled over and got a "fix it" ticket from the CHP even though she had the temporary registration from the dealer on the lower right corner of the front windshield? My daughter is 20 and good looking - I think the cop pulled her over just to hit on her. How can they write this kind of ticket and it is legal and legit?

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . You've got this cop's number. As long as the registration is clearly displayed in the window there should not be a problem. Protest the ticket by going to traffic court with your daughter. Chances are it will be dismissed.