Can the CEO of a hospital blatantly tell employees to refer family and friends to their two hand picked surgeons ?

Lockport, NY |

The CEO of the hospital has meetings with employees in groups , the last few days . She discusses referrals and of surgical patients , and informs the employees that they should ask for the two surgeons hand picked by her . There are three other full time surgeons working in the hospital . They have been in this hospital for more than 20 yrs and are established - - - surgeon

It does not sound illegal. It just seems like a management decision to promote two surgeons, who are probably very qualified.

Unless there is some sort of antitrust/restraint of trade issue here – which I can't tell from your fact pattern – it sounds as if what is happening is legal. The to establish surgeons have a right to complain.

If you found this Answer to be helpful, please mark it as such. Remember, however, this is only generalized commentary on your question. It is not to be taken as legal advice. I am a lawyer – but not your lawyer! Even "in person" interviews leave attorneys with plenty of questions – the Internet makes it crazy! Thank you Chuck Watson 217.544.6165

If there is some sort of financial kickback or referral fee then there are a host of potential State and Federal laws that could be in play.

Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * * Referrals are the highest form of compliment * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State and always pays referring attorneys a reasonable referral fee in contingency cases

Recommended articles about Employment