Can the bank refuse to communicate by e mail ?

Asked 9 months ago - Phoenix, AZ

I am in contact with Wells Fargo regarding wrongful/fraudulent foreclosure and they have refused to accept e mail saying that they will only accept paperwork by fax. I am certain that you can see how this would present a problem.

Is this legal and/or can they be made to accept and respond to e mail communications.

1. Peter J Weinman

Pro

2

Answered . Absent an agreement supporting email as a means of notice, there's no reason a bank would be required to accept and/or respond to email.

Because of problems with "spam filtering" and the like, many companies try to avoid email because sometimes things are more easily lost. A sender may be sure he sent it, but there's no proof it was received or actually seen. If they require fax, go to a local Staples/Kinkos, and do it that way.

2. Celia R Reed

Answered . If the bank wants communications by fax, and does not want communications by e-mail, then be prepared to fax.