Can the bank refuse to communicate by e mail ?

Phoenix, AZ |
Filed under: Foreclosure Real estate

I am in contact with Wells Fargo regarding wrongful/fraudulent foreclosure and they have refused to accept e mail saying that they will only accept paperwork by fax. I am certain that you can see how this would present a problem.

Is this legal and/or can they be made to accept and respond to e mail communications.

Absent an agreement supporting email as a means of notice, there's no reason a bank would be required to accept and/or respond to email.

Because of problems with "spam filtering" and the like, many companies try to avoid email because sometimes things are more easily lost. A sender may be sure he sent it, but there's no proof it was received or actually seen. If they require fax, go to a local Staples/Kinkos, and do it that way.

NOTE: (1) I may be guessing and/or not even licensed in your state; (2) We have not established an attorney-client relationship; (3) Sometimes you get what you pay for; and (4) If you want to send me a gift, my favorite color is orange.

Okay ... then the bank might also require communication by carrier pigeon written in the greek language as well ? I have no FAX or means to copy documents to make them ready for fax. I have a new modern means, as does the bank. E mail.

Peter J Weinman

Peter J Weinman

One day when you're in charge, you can make the rules. I'm in agreement with you, good luck.

If the bank wants communications by fax, and does not want communications by e-mail, then be prepared to fax.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

As above, might the bank also require I send by smoke signal ....