Can the Administrative Law Judge legally deny my 2010 job's unemployment by using termination details from a 2000 job?

Floral Park, NY |

The D.O.L. ALJ was angered when I requested an adjornment, based his denial totally on data I presented in defense of a previous & unrelated job termination 9yrs prior. The recent termination--lying on job application--putting "laid off"instead of terminated was the only thing they claimed, and they even stated there was no problem with my work.

1. Based on what you are saying, there probably is a good basis for overturning the ALJ's decision. I would strongly suggest that you get an attorney to write the appeal which would include proper citation to the record on appeal.

2. But if you did not truthfully fill out the job application for the last place you worked, then they had the right to let you go and contest your unemployment benefits.