Can Texas parole board rescind parole because of their clerical error ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pasadena, TX

my son was on probation in Pennsylvania and was arrested while in Texas and sent to prison he has now received parole in texas. PA came to pick him up in the Texas prison before he was actually released. Now Texas says that once PA is done with him Texas wants him back and has rescinded parole so now he has a one year set off once he gets back from PA. (Texas says they should NOT have given him parole with a detainer waiting for him, which they should have known about that is not the fault of an inmate)

1. Richard Timothy Jones

1

Answered . If parole was granted in error then it can be rescinded. People are accidentally released from jail in error all the time. Just because a mistake was made they are not entitled to remain free. If you think the error is bigger than that then contact Gary Cohen, a lawyer in Austin. While my expertise in parole revocation he has an excellent knowledge of how the paroling process works.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Parole Lawyer

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

1

Answered . Yes they can. I recommend contacting Mr. Jones's referral for more assistance.