Can't seem to find a lawyer willing to take my case.

Valley Stream, NY |
Filed under: Personal injury

Need help!

I had filed a Federal Torts claim(SF 95) against the Dept of Veteran Affairs a couple of years ago that was denied. I filed an appeal to that claim some months back that recently came back denied again. The letter states that I may present my case to a Federal District Court and its giving me 6 months from the letter date of May 31, 2012 to do so. The facts in the case is that I hit my head on the VA Van door upon entering that caused a gash requiring 4 stitches. I had to be taken by ambulance to the Brooklyn VA Hospital for emergency treatment. Ever since then, I've had multiple medical problems that require me to take medication & have frequent visits to the neurology clinics since 2008. A few months after during my yearly eye exam, I was told that I had Atrophic retinal holes. Since the retina is vital for seeing, I was told that it did not take much to damage the very thin and fragile retinal layer resulting in significant visual impairment.

1. Search: Avvo, New York State Trial Lawyers, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, American Association for Justice; ask those you trust and respect for recommendations. Best way to get an attorney.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. Need a description of the case.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

3. Each personal injury case should be evaluated based on the facts and circumstances. In most injury cases, there are four elements to prove: 1. Duty; 2. Breach of Duty; 3. Causation; and 4. Damages. Unlike baseball, going 2 for 4 or 3 for 4 is not a good day at the ballpark. Each and every element needs to be established. Cases are also evaluated by the likelihood of success, the amount of insurance available, and the amount of time and costs necessary to properly handle the case. In some instances, the potential client needs to "knock on many doors" before finding an attorney willing to handle the case. In other instances, a potential client just cannot locate an attorney to handle the case.

4. If you describe the "case" or the occurence giving rise to your "case", maybe
    an attorney on AVVO will consider it.

5. You will definitely continue having that problem without providing a better description on here. Tell us what kind of case it is and some details on your injuries and what happened.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

6. What are the basic facts?

7. It sounds to me like you did not value the services a lawyer could have provided from the outset and thought you would make more money or save money playing lawyer and making your own claim. Now, your case is so messed up that no lawyer wants to take it. Would this be a fair commentary?