Can sue for medical malpractice if a doctor tells me im going to die and to be put on hospice and it was only my galbladder

Asked over 2 years ago - Palm Springs, CA

was told i could no longer work and put on hospice and i was going to die, i left cali and seen another doctor who ran test and found out it was just my gallbladder.lost my job my house and savings,now i have nothing and need to start over, i also have a child that i had to move to try and find someone to care for her when i thought i was going to die

1. Matthew Murillo

Pro

1

Answered . Maybe emotional distress. Malpractice, though, would primarily depend on records and results. Medical treatment is like many other things. The results of any exams dont speak for themselves, they need to be interpreted. If something can be interpreted multiple ways, you may not have a malpractice claim.

Since you have two conflicting reports, my recommendation is to get a third "tie-breaker" evaluation. The. Meet with a few local attorneys to discuss the details of your case privately. After that, they should be able to advise whether they believe there is a case there.

2. Norman Gregory Fernandez

Pro

Answered . Sounds like you might have a great case. You only have 1 year to file suit in Med. Mal. cases.

My law firm handles car accident cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at http://www.thepersonalinjury.com . Our office gives free consultations over the phone 24 hours a day at 800-816-1529 x. 1.