Can state police enter my house if they have a child support warrant for my boyfriend who doesnt live there

Asked about 2 years ago - Lakewood, NJ

state police came to my door and rang the bell and was knocking my boyfriend didnt answer the door he was watching our son. the door was unlocked they walked in and came down the steps and walked in the room he and they baby were in. can they do that for child support warrant

1. Mark M Cheser

2

Answered . It depends on many facts. They can arrest him and look for him at the home. But they cannot search for him based on the information in your post.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

1

Answered . They need a warrant. They will probably say you allowed them in.

3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

2

Answered . Generally they also need a search warrant, but it depends on all of the facts and what they were told. If they had "probable cause" to believe he did live there it changes things. The law in New Jersey may have stricter requirements than the US Constitution.

If he has been arrested, he needs a criminal defense lawyer, now. If you are upset about the violation of your privacy you should contact a personal injury lawyer.