Can someone who became a Citizen one month ago move back to their country and still maintain their citizenship here in the US?

North Bergen, NJ |

My aunt became a citizen a in November of last year. Then her father got sick - he was in a coma for months and then passed away. All of these occurrences have kept her away for over 8 months now. Will she have any issues returning to the US?

1. No. That is one of the benefits of being a US citizen.

2. No issues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Yes, if this is what they want to do

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. Yes. As a citizen you can leave the US for as long as you would like or need and will be welcomed back with open arms upon your return.

5. Can someone who became a Citizen one month ago move back to their country and still maintain their citizenship here in the US?Yes

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

6. She will have NO problem returning.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

7. A US citizen has no time restrictions in being out of the country. She can stay away as long as she likes and come back with no problems.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.