Can someone use "attachment parenting" as the reason to define a higher % of custody?

Encino, CA |

My daughter is extremely attached to her mom. My daughter is still breastfed and never fell asleep without her mom. Can my GF use that in court to define the % of time my daughter will stay with either one of us?

The courts can use what has been practiced as a guide to the current visitation schedule. Very young children need shorter periods of separation from their primary parent, but more frequent. I would suggest that you find an attorney in your area who is familiar with the judges in your area, as I have seen individual judges vary pretty widely.

Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel.

2. You don't say how old the child is, but you need to speak to an EXPERIENCED custody litigation lawyer about how to best address these issues.

3. Probably at the initial stage but can be modified later.

This response will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sarieh Law Offices, and is not intended to serve as a legal advice in your specific circumstances. This response is a legal opinion based solely on facts represented and you should not rely on this legal opinion as a legal advice. You still need to consult an attorney directly to fully protect your legal rights.

Child custody topics