Can someone that entered the us as an refugees can be deported?

Miami, FL |
Filed under: Immigration Refugees

He's been involved in a white collar crime.

1. Yes. There is no special treatment for an alien who was admitted as a refugee. If the crime is a deportable offense, he can be deported from the United States.

I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specifics of your case.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

2. Yes. He needs to retain both a criminal defense attorney and consult with an immigration attorney immediately.

3. Absolutely. Until fairly recently I my memory serves me, 2004 or 2005, the governing precedent of the BIA was to the contrary. In the last several years, including the most recent BIA precedent that came out in the last 8 months or so, the Board has changed it course 180 degrees. As the law stands now, the government can remove refugees the same way as everyone else, without first proving removability as they would in the case of an LPR.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. Absolutely YES!!

5. Yes.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com