Can someone take a picture of me without my consent?

Fargo, ND |

I was recently outside of my apartment building on the front lawn with my dog. I noticed another tenant taking a picture of me from her bedroom. Is this legal without my consent?

Yes. They cannot use the picture for commercial purposes, but they can take your picture in a public place. Tenant may try to use it to show a violation of your rental agreement or to justify their own dog's occupancy.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

I agree with my colleague - perfectly legal.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant