Can someone sue me if they pushed my door open and cut themselves?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cherry Hill, NJ

My daughter and her boyfriend got into a fight he pushed the door open to force his way into the home and cut his hand cutting tendons, she took him to the hospital and he got stitches, 6 months later he wants my insurance companies information.

1. Steven M Zelinger

Pro

13

Answered . They can sue you. The question is can they win. Let the insurance company handle it, but if you want independent advice seek out an attorney who has defended lawsuits like this (probably one who is an "insurance defense" attorney)

2. Kenneth Lee LaBore

Pro

10

Answered . I would report the matter to your insurance company and tell them your side of the story and they will deal with the matter and defend you if they cannot resolve it. It does not sound like his has a good case.

3. Matthew Louis Solomon

Pro

7

Answered . It does not sound like he has a good claim. However, turn this over to your insurance company.

4. Timothy Leo Bowden

8

Answered . turn it over to your insurance. while i dont think he has a claim, dont take any chances.

5. Robert H Johnson

Pro

6

Answered . You listed this question under the "Bankruptcy" practice area. This is not a bankruptcy question. Do you have other debts/obligations or was this simply placed in the wrong section?

The short answer to your question is yes.

6. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with the responding counsel. You should let your insurance company handle the claim.