Can someone sue me for making them swerve off the road?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I was changing lanes and a car was in my blind spot. The other car compensated by swerving to the right. She followed me to a grocery store and claimed to have gone up the curve and wants me to pay for any damage that might have occurred under her vehicle. No damage was done on the exterior. I gave her no information just asked if she was okay. She did get my license plate number. Can she sue me with just her claims and my license plate info?

1. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

8

Answered . She can sue. Whether she wins, is a different question. If she has no damages, then there is nothign for her to do. If she contacts you, tern everything over to your insurance company. They will handle it and believe insurance companies don't pay legitimate claims, so you don't have to worry about them paying something not owed.

Pro

7

Answered . Yes, but simply turn the papers over to your insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. George Costas Andriotis

6

Answered . Yes she can and you would be liable for damages resulting from an improper lane change. Call your insurance carrier and advise them of the incident or just take care of the damage on your own.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Michael Shemtoub

6

Answered . Yes she potentially can sue you with that information. That does not guarentee that she will be successful in her attempt.
    Contact your insurance provider and explain the situation if she does pursue the claim.