Can someone post my name and address without my permission

Asked about 5 years ago - Saint Clairsville, OH

can someone post my name and address without my permission

1. John Michael Drain Jr.

Pro

Answered . Your question goes to whether someone invaded your privacy, an act that is actionable at law. Unfortunately an attorney would need more information in order to determine whether your circumstances give rise to a cause of action.

2. Jonathan H Levy

Answered . Just posting a name and address by itself would not usually be actionable, something more is needed.

3. J Anthony Vittal

Answered . Much of the answer to your question will depend on facts you have not provided. For example, if your name and address are available in the local phone book or other public directories, you generally would have no privacy interest in that information. On the other hand, if the information has been distilled from public records such as the property tax rolls and is not otherwise publicly available, you might still have a privacy interest in the information. You should consult with counsel where you live to determine what your privacy rights are under Ohio law.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts, documents, and/or other materials involved. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.