Can someone please help me?i need to petition for my husband to live in the u.s.i don't even know where to begin,

Chicago, IL |

I need to know what all i need,how much every thing will cost,and how long is every thing going to take for the process.

There are many organizations that will give information about bringing your spouse to the U.S.

You may call the CARPLS Legal Aid Hotline at 312-738-9200 or the Lawyer Referral Service of the Chicago Bar Association at (312) 554-2001 to find a lawyer experienced in the immigration area. It is important to find a reputable lawyer for this area of law as the rules are quite complex.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

One starting place is the

http://www.illinoislegalaid.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_Content&contentID=7344&print=yes

The information provided here should not be construed to be formal legal advice. The provision of this general advice does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Persons with legal questions are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I highly recommend consulting and retaining an attorney you feel comfortable with.

Dhenu Savla
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com
Free Phone Consultations Available

There are lots of attorneys listed in Chicago who specialize in immigration law. I suggest you look at that list. We are also in Chicago, so that is an option too.

How long it will take, how much it will cost, and whether it will even be possible depend on many, many factors. For example, whether your husband is in the U.S. now, his immigration history, and any criminal history.

An immigration attorney can help you assess your husband's admissibility and advise you on what procedures and papers will be involved.

Mary K. Neal
Attorney at Law
2731 W. Touhy Ave.
Chicago, IL 60645
(773) 681-1335
www.rogersparklaw.com

This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.