Can someone PLEASE help me? Thank you I have a social security but my work permit is expired....what should I do?

33810 |

Years ago I applied for political asylum, it was never granted so I moved back to my country. I would like to know if I can renew my work permit which expired on 2005....is it possible to do this? would the IRS or INS know I am trying to work? would I get in trouble? what should I do? Thank you very much

1. Please post this in the immigration law section. In the mean time, here is a primer on SS disability benefits for aliens.

http://www.ssa.gov/ssi/spotlights/spot-non-citizens.htm

2. I agree with Joe. Talk to an immigration attorney and then deal with the SSA issue.

DISCLAIMER: The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship or any right of confidentiality between you and the responding attorney. These responses are intended only to provide general information about perceived legal issues within the question. Each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer is not a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction and who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances.

3. Get an immigration attorney to help you.

The information you obtain from this website is not legal advice.