Can someone please explain what this Case was about McCormick v. Carrier, 487 Mich 2186; 79 NW2d 517 Please I would like to know

Dearborn Heights, MI |

How this changed serious impariment Thankyou

1. What law school are you going to? You have all the information right there in your hands (McCormick v. Carrier, 487 Mich 2186; 79 NW2d 517). It has to do with the new "threshhold" for injuries under the Michigan No-Fault Act but you really need to read it as it compares the new rule to the old rule. Good luck in class!

The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.

2. You may want to read the case a few times, and each time you read it, things will become clearer. Good luck with law school.

Lassen Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia. www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com Phone 215-510-6755.

3. I have an analysis of McCormick v. Carrier and how it is different from Michigan's older and more draconian injury threshold law on my website:
    http://www.michiganautolaw.com/auto-lawyers-blog/2010/10/21/how-mccormick-v-carrier-has-changed-auto-accident-lawsuits-in-michigan/
    I also have seminar materials from my presentations to the MAJ and State Bar Negligence Section on our website.