Can someone out of status collect the jackpot in Georgia Lottery?

I came into the US on an F1 visa but am now an overstay. Since I play the Georgia Lottery, I wanted to know whether I could collect any possible jackpot winnings. Also is there anyway to revert to some form of legal immigrant status using these winnings? For instance by investing in local businesses or donating to local charities etc.

Atlanta, GA -

John Grayson Davidson

John Grayson Davidson

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I believe if you read the rules, lotteries are open to legal US residents only. That answers both questions.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | john1davidson@gmail.com | www.LawyerImmigrationLosAngeles.com
Jason Todd Lorenzon

Jason Todd Lorenzon

Immigration Attorney - Cleveland, OH

Check the rules. Good luck.

Rudolph Baboun

Rudolph Baboun

Immigration Attorney - Miami, FL

Read the lottery rules on collecting. Charities, etc. won't likely help you reach your goal.