Can someone move to a U.S. territory with only a TPS?

Asked about 3 years ago - Silver Spring, MD

Is someone with a El Salvador TPS allow to move to a U.S. territory like Puerto Rico?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Javier G Pineda

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Puerto Rico is part of the United States. So, yes.

    714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be... more
  2. Sean Lewis

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . Yes, travel to a U.S. Territory is travel within the U.S.

  3. William D. Fong

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Yes.

    713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full... more
  4. Joanna M. Gustafson

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . Yes. There are also many things that you need to be careful about while on TPS, such as criminal convictions and deadlines for renewal. Please speak with an immigration attorney to ensure that you know everyting involved with being on temporary protected status.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,125 answers this week

2,247 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,125 answers this week

2,247 attorneys answering