Skip to main content

Can someone go to rehab rather than going to jail they know revocation is likely?

Snellville, GA |

Currently on probation for reduced sentence of reckless from a DUI and have been charged again with DUI.

Attorney Answers 2


You need to have your attorney immediately begin negotiations with the probation officer. Many times treatment is used as an alternative to incarceration. You also beed counsel to represent you on the new DUI charge. A second DUI while on probation is a serious matter.

Mark as helpful


Richard is right. The options available to you will depend on the probation officer, the judge, and the facts in your case. You need to retain counsel for the probation violation and the subsequent DUI. It sounds like the attorney who represented you on the first DUI did a good job. Contacting him or her may be a good place to start.

Mark as helpful

27 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics