Can someone get arrested for theft by deception?

San Diego, CA |

I payed a person $375 for personal training services because she said she was a certified personal trainer but in the end she wasn't, she was just a chick in good shape, not a certified trainer like she said she was. I payed her for 15 sessions plus supplements and 6 free sessions which she promise if i give her the money, and $50 for nike shoes she said i needed but saw nothing in return and she lied to me, when she said she was gonna give me my money back she gave me a check with insufficient funds in the bank and she knew about it, can police arrest her?...

It is a crime to knowingly write a bad check. You could turn over the check to the district attorney but it is up to the district attorney whether or not to press charges. You could also sue her in small claims court.

When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose.

How do i contact the district attorney's office in san Diego?

Lara Ruth Shapiro

Lara Ruth Shapiro

you can call information or look online, google San Diego District Attorney.

Yes.

Mr. Feasel is a former prosecutor in San Mateo County (CA) with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.

I can even prove she was hesitated for me to give her the money, can that help that she had an intent to deprive me of my money?

Chris J Feasel

Chris J Feasel

Wouldn't matter one way or the other.

Can someone? Yes. Will they? It's unlikely. But you can file a police report and sue her in small claims court.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

Under the facts you listed this sounds more like a civil issue than a criminal one.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

You are probably more interested in getting your money returned. This would be best achieved through small claims court.

She's done shady and dishonest things and i want ger to pay for them!!!