Can someone explain a lawyer saying quote" He will work a undue hardship against the at-fault driver in a auto accident?

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Personal injury

auto accident claim with farmers insurance

I agree with the other attorneys words. Those are strong words used by the attorney who said he will work a undue hardship against the at-fault driver. Sounds like a threat for some reason.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I have been licensed to practice law in California since 1978. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. Not enough info, can only speculate. If this is your lawyer, ask your lawyer. if this is the other lawyer he may be saying to Farmers that if they dont come up with a reasonable settlment, he will file suit and make it as hard on the farmer's insured as possible during the litigation.

3. Whatever the lawyer means,it doesn't sound right to me.
    I hope this isn't your lawyer.

4. I don't really understand your question ? The statement in the question doesn't make sense.

All responses on this site by this attorney are considered practical & general and does not constitute absolute or final legal advice. It is always best to consult a lawyer in your area on your exact case/claim. Each state has different laws, statutes of limitations and regulations. This lawyer is only licensed in the State of Texas. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of GREGG S. HARRISON, PLLC, nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Office of GREGG S. HARRISON PLLC. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. GREGG HARRISON. Visit our website at www.greggharrison.com or call 832-797-7600 to discuss your legal issue; We represent injured persons who have been involved in motor vehicle collisions, 18-wheeler/truck wrecks and motorcycle accidents; all types of general negligence and catastrophic injury claims.

5. I would need to know the context of this statement to fully evaluate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

6. No, I cannot explain it. If you have a lawyer, I suggest that you ask him or her. If you don't, I suggest that you ask the lawyer who said it.

7. It is a nonsensical statement, so no one here can explain it. It isn't something I would ever say, and after practicing law here in Texas for 27 years now, I've never heard the expression "undue hardship" in the context of a car wreck insurance claim.

Now, if it came out of the mouth of someone at Farmers Insurance as an excuse on why you should not pursue a claim against their insured, then it makes sense, because some insurance adjusters will say anything to try and dissuade people from making legitimate claims against their company - sad, but true.

If you can give us more detail on the circumstances in which the statement was made, someone here will know the answer or at least have a good idea, otherwise we're all speculating and guessing on this one.