Can someone else insure my car

New York, NY |

The title to my car is in my name. But I'm trying to see if maybe my brother which lives in my household can insure it. Where both going to drive it but he wants to put in insurance in his name would I have to change the title over to his name since the car insurance will be in his name. I was just wondering because I really don't want to change the title

1. Ask the DMV

2. You might be able to add him to the title. At least that way, you would retain some formal ownership of the vehicle. You might also consult with a local insurance agent.

I am not admitted to practice in Florida.

3. This is possible in most states. Consult an attorney in NY to know for sure.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.