Can someone elaborate on the Welfare and Institutions Code 1772 as it pertains to juveniles?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Banning, CA

I was denied twice to have my record sealed, but now I just saw that I could possibly have my commitment to the youth authority set aside. I meet all the criteria to have this done, I would just like to understand it more and what it will mean for me if my commitment to the youth authority is set aside.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . W&I Section 1772 concerns honorable discharge from the California Youth Authority and what rights and disabilities you would have. I suggest consulting with an attorney in your area because it is a lengthy section and involves many issues. I would search AVVO for an attorney near Banning who does juvenile law as part of his or her criminal practice. Good luck.

  2. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A great deal depends on the nature of the charges and your age at the time the violation was committed -- not your age at the time of the admission. Speak to an attorney who is experienced in this area. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You are advised to hire a local criminal attorney. Don't try to handle this matter yourself. Good luck.

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Felony crime

A felony is a crime that is punishable by more than one year in prison. Certain especially severe felonies may be punishable by the death sentence.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

38,121 answers this week

3,943 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

38,121 answers this week

3,943 attorneys answering