Can someone elaborate on the Welfare and Institutions Code 1772 as it pertains to juveniles?

Banning, CA |

I was denied twice to have my record sealed, but now I just saw that I could possibly have my commitment to the youth authority set aside. I meet all the criteria to have this done, I would just like to understand it more and what it will mean for me if my commitment to the youth authority is set aside.

1. A great deal depends on the nature of the charges and your age at the time the violation was committed -- not your age at the time of the admission. Speak to an attorney who is experienced in this area. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

2. W&I Section 1772 concerns honorable discharge from the California Youth Authority and what rights and disabilities you would have. I suggest consulting with an attorney in your area because it is a lengthy section and involves many issues. I would search AVVO for an attorney near Banning who does juvenile law as part of his or her criminal practice. Good luck.

www.losangelesdefenders.com

3. You are advised to hire a local criminal attorney. Don't try to handle this matter yourself. Good luck.