Can someone elaborate on the Welfare and Institutions Code 1772 as it pertains to juveniles?

Asked over 1 year ago - Banning, CA

I was denied twice to have my record sealed, but now I just saw that I could possibly have my commitment to the youth authority set aside. I meet all the criteria to have this done, I would just like to understand it more and what it will mean for me if my commitment to the youth authority is set aside.

1. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

4

Answered . W&I Section 1772 concerns honorable discharge from the California Youth Authority and what rights and disabilities you would have. I suggest consulting with an attorney in your area because it is a lengthy section and involves many issues. I would search AVVO for an attorney near Banning who does juvenile law as part of his or her criminal practice. Good luck.

www.losangelesdefenders.com

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

3

Answered . A great deal depends on the nature of the charges and your age at the time the violation was committed -- not your age at the time of the admission. Speak to an attorney who is experienced in this area. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation.

3. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

1

Answered . You are advised to hire a local criminal attorney. Don't try to handle this matter yourself. Good luck.