Can someone drive the car,when owner's DL expires,or suspends?

Orlando, FL |

Hi,I've been driving the car under my roommate's ( he is like brother to me) name for long time,since he let me to drive it.
I pay insurance on time,car registration good for one more year.
He went back home few month ago ,so we found out his DL expired while he is our country and he isn't sure when he will be back.
Can still able to drive a car without getting trouble,I mean while car owner's DL expired?
Thanks for Your help

Yes as long as your license is good and the registration and insurance is good you will be fine

For more information or to set up a free consultation contact the Law Office of Corey Cohen at 407-246-0066 or visit our website at www.coreycohen.com Twitter @cohenlawyer

Thanks for Your quick respond Mr.Corey. As I understand no matter how long his DL has been expired,right? (as long as car has proper documentation and of course valid DL)

Yes, just as Mr. Cohen answered.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. To set up a free consultation, please call my office at 727-755-3476.

Yes you can drive the car as long as you have a valid driver's license. i am just not sure how your room mate is able to get insurance in his name with a suspended license. I would double check that the insurance is valid

An attorney/client relationship is NOT established simply by virtue of The Law Offices of Evan M. Kleiman, P.A. answering any questions herein. Such a relationship will only be established by a formal agreement between the parties.

sorry it was expired,not suspended,. Thanks for Your quick respond sir

Evan Mitchell Kleiman

Evan Mitchell Kleiman

Your welcome. Glad to help. Just double check that insurance policy because they won't write insurance on an expired DL either. If he already has the policy in effect though, it is still valid. Just make sure he corrects his license in order to obtain a new insurance policy when the old policy expires

Yes I will make sure,tomorrow Mr.Kleiman.Good luck to Your family,sir

Evan Mitchell Kleiman

Evan Mitchell Kleiman

Thanks. Good Luck to you as well

As long s your driver's license is valid, you're O.K. Make sure the vehicle is properly registered and your insurance is up to date.