Can someone drive the car,when owner's DL expires,or suspends?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

Hi,I've been driving the car under my roommate's ( he is like brother to me) name for long time,since he let me to drive it.
I pay insurance on time,car registration good for one more year.
He went back home few month ago ,so we found out his DL expired while he is our country and he isn't sure when he will be back.
Can still able to drive a car without getting trouble,I mean while car owner's DL expired?
Thanks for Your help

1. Corey Ira Cohen

Pro

11

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes as long as your license is good and the registration and insurance is good you will be fine

2. Christopher Charles Dyer

Pro

7

1

Answered . Yes, just as Mr. Cohen answered.

3. Evan Mitchell Kleiman

7

1

Answered . Yes you can drive the car as long as you have a valid driver's license. i am just not sure how your room mate is able to get insurance in his name with a suspended license. I would double check that the insurance is valid

4. David Scott Rieth

Answered . As long s your driver's license is valid, you're O.K. Make sure the vehicle is properly registered and your insurance is up to date.