Skip to main content

Can someone continue working up to 30 days after an EAD card has expired?

Santa Fe, NM |

My brothers EAD card will be expiring soon. He renewed it but has not received the card in the mail. His employer is asking for him to bring the new EAD card. We do not think it will arrive on time before it expires. Someone told us that he could continue working up to 30 days after the Employement Authorization Card has expired.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Cannot work without the EAD card.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

  2. No.

    In the future tell him to file 100 days in advance, that way he won't be forced to take an unpaid leave of absence ... which is what he must do now.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  3. No

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics