Can someone be hired and get a work visa (especially, Q1 visa for teachers/assistants) if he has been living in "out of status?

If someone has been living in the USA illegal, can he be hired and get work permit? Especially, Q1 visa for teaching cultural aspect here?

Malden, MA -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (4)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Probably not.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
Kira Gagarin

Kira Gagarin

Immigration Attorney - Framingham, MA

There are very limited exceptions but the general answer is NO. Think about making an appointment with an attorney to discuss. Good Luck.

Massachusetts Immigration Attorney
508 455 4241

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Sorry, the answer most likely is no.

Meet with an attorney for proper guidance.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX


Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more

Related Topics

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.