Can someone be forced to sign any document/form against their will?

Washington, DC |

1. I suppose the IRS could not force one to sign against his will, but they can send one to prison if one didn't. The country needs taxes to provide necessary services, so we need rules like that. No more tax protests please.

DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO system, its terms and conditions. It is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. The answer could be different if all the facts were known. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. I am admitted only in California. (Bryant) Keith Martin sbbizlaw.com

2. I suppose. Didn't that happen in The Godfather. Luca Brazzi held a gun to the band leaders head and The Don assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the release of Johnny's contract.

Business topics