Skip to main content

Can someone be charged with rape after 5 years?

Polson, MT |

My boyfriend was 12 and his sister was 9 they had both been molested they had both been touching each other his mother called it in to CPS

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Yes.

    Sol Neuhardt. One of the best personal injury lawyers in Montana. Recovered millions of dollars for his clients. Phone: 406-294-9540. This answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship.

  2. The statute of limitations vary from state to state based on the particular crime. The statute to find your answer is Mont. Code Ann. § 45-1-205(1)(b) or (1)(c) or (2)(a).

  3. Sure can. The statute of limitations is extremely long for minor alleged victims. However, at those ages there is a very good chance at statutory defenses for those ages. Our firm handles defenses like that in Montana. If you can afford private defense for this very serious charge, please give us a call for a free consultation.
    Marty Judnich (406) 721-3354

    licensed attorney in Montana. Your specific state laws may be different.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics