Skip to main content

Can someone explain how (CHINS) or (CINS) - Children in Need of Service works in Texas. Specifically Dallas?

Dallas, TX |

My child just turned 16 and repeatedly runs away. We have put her in a couple facilities for help for bipolar and Oppositional behavior Mood disorder as well as sent her to counselors and psychiatrist after her release from facilities. She recently had to go to juvenile for an incident. She continues to run and go against medical orders. We are due for court this coming Monday and want to know our options for making her, monitoring her for treatment and school. If she if released to us, she will run and is progressively self destructive. Thanks

Attorney Answers 3


If she can't return to your home the juvenile probation department can find her a placement.

This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. Consult my office for a confidential consultation. Leslie Barrows, The Barrows Firm, P.C. looks forward to protecting your rights!

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I added a Juvenile Law tag to your question. I hope that helps.

This does not establish an attorney/client relationship

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


The court will appoint her an attorney. Speak candidly either her attorney and the probation officer. They have great ideas and programs. They may not return her to you immediately, get counselling and definitely monitor her meds. Honestly, best wishes!

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics