Can somebody tell me which AMA manual work comp doctors use to determine disability.thank you

Long Beach, CA |

Thank you

The most current one if looking at it today; or the one in effect at the time of review.

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.

Can you tell me what is the name?the AMA publishes multiple publications concerning disability and I am trying to take a look at the one that is officially used.thank you.

Most doctors use the 6th edition although the ratings are generally lower than the previous editions.

It depends what state you're in.

In California, we use AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, Fifth Edition.

This answer should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client privilege, or as legal advice.

There are currently 6 editions of the AMA guides. California currently subscribes to the 5th edition and therefore those guidelines would apply to your case.

Recommended articles about Employment