Can somebody help me asap please

Asked almost 2 years ago - Ahoskie, NC

I pressed charges on my boyfriend it was assault on a female but i do not wish to persue with the charges i have to go to court tuesday because i was served a subpeno ... his bond 4 the charge is us currency $2000 .. how can i get us out of this everything was just a misunderstanding i was mad and stressed i just want to get it dropped an let us move on with our lives this is too much on me to deal with while im pregnant please help me i need answers quick.

1. Alan R. Krusch

Pro

2

Answered . You really have nothing you can do about it except speak with the DA in court and express your wishes. This is not your case; it is the State of NC vs your boyfriend. You don't get to drop it; it's not your choice. You need to obey the subpoena and show up in court as required. The police and courts are there to try to assure your safety. Please don't waste the time of the police or the court if you are not serious about the need to protect your safety. However, know that if your boyfriend deserved to be charged with assault and you succeed in having he DA drop the charges, you continue to put yourself and your pregnancy at risk.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

2

Answered . Only a prosecutor can dismiss the charge. While the prosecutor will take your concerns into account, many people have been convicted of family violence despite the alleged victim's desires. You've done everything you can.

Texas Domestic Violence Lawyer
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

3. Evan Mitchell Kleiman

1

Answered . Only the State can drop charges. The fact that yiou are preganant is an aggravating circumstance if you were pregnant at the time of the offense. You can explain your reasons to the State as to why you feel you want them to drop charges but it is completely up to them.