Can Social Security except forged papers and deny me the right to see them?

Orlando, FL |
Filed under: Fraud

My CHILD'S mother has given SSA notarized papers saying I've adopted her other child and it worked ! She is now getting income and they said I have no right to see the documents with my name on them because she paid for that!!

Except is different than accept. Which did you mean? The best thing for you to do is go see an attorney.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

I would recommend consulting with an attorney and providing clearer facts about what is going on.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a divorce and family law firm located in Orlando, Florida. Communication through Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to our office until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

It is unclear from your question of what you believe that your child's mother is doing, but if you believe that your Child's mother is committing Social Security fraud in order to obtain benefits that she is not legally entitled to, you can report it to the Inspector General for the Social Security Administration: http://oig.ssa.gov/report.

Someone else receiving benefits off of your claim does not directly have an impact on your benefits, though. If someone is receiving a benefit as a dependent, the receipt of that benefit would reduce the benefits of other eligible dependents, but your monthly payment would remain the same. Privacy issues would prevent Social Security from showing you documents for someone else, but it does not prevent you from reporting potential fraud.

Any response provided on this service is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This information is not meant and should not be construed to be the formation of an attorney client relationship. Before relying on any information, please consult with an attorney in your area.