Can sister/parents travel to the US once their I-130 petition has been approved but before receiving their immigration document?

sister and parents are canadian citizens.

Reston, VA -

Attorney Answers (3)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Only if they can demonstrate to the CBP that they do not intend to remain permanently in the U.S. on the trip in question.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Parents would face a very high probability of being denied entry. Sister's odds of being denied entry go up the closer the priority date is to becoming current.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

Immigration Attorney - Bayonne, NJ

As Canadians you may enter US on visa waiver for period of up to 90 days. As for Form I-130 being approved, the visa processing will vary greatly for parents versus the sibling. You should definitely speak with an experienced immigration lawyer to advise you on the next step.

Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.