Can siblings contest a will and get a dispute over burial plot into court themselves or does this require an attorney?

Asked about 2 years ago - Little Rock, AR

My grandmother passed away a year ago, with presumably only a holographic will which she entrusted to one of her daughters. To this day, said daughter is the ONLY one of six children that have seen this will. She didn't have much, but said daughter also put married on her death certificate when she was in fact, divorced.(this has since been corrected) This allowed them to take ex husband and have another will drawn up, all of my grandmother's belongings are now his. How do other family members go about correcting this? There is also a dispute over a burial plot, my grandmother did NOT want ex buried by her, but said daughter is dead set this is going to happen. How can that be stopped as well? The city in charge of cemetery has not been much help! Thanks for reading!

1. James P. Frederick

1

Answered . How would you do ANY of this without an attorney? CAN you do this? Sure. What are your chances of winning without an attorney? Maybe 5-10%. That is if the daughter does not have her own attorney and you are simply all arguing in court. In order to get done what you want to, you are going to need a very good probate litigation attorney.

James Frederick

2. Harry J Lenaburg

1

Answered . I absolutely agree with Mr. Frederick. The only sensible way to untangle this mess is with experienced probate counsel in your county.