Can sect Family code 154.067( b) be used if paying parent is claiming financial hardship as means to reduce child support?

Asked 10 months ago - San Fernando, CA

If he transferred an duplex in his name to an LLC (his, but I cant prove it right now. But assuming he is going to lie and say it isnt his), and I have certified copy of deed and transfer being done 2 days prior to day he filed for child support modification and requested visitation, could I present that as evidence to request court use it as deemed income under the authority of family code 154.067(b)?
(Did I word that right?)
What would be the relief for this, typically, if so?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I am sorry but I can not find a family law code 154, 1540, or 10540. Are you sure you have the right number? I did not find anything under the evidence code either. But certified copies are evidence and you certainly can question him about it and look at the secretary of state for California and see if you can get more evidence as to who owns or controls the LLC

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA.... more
  2. James Louis Miller

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Family Code 154.067(b) does not exist. Repost with the proper statute so you can get an informed response.

    Note this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on. Each situation is fact specific... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,379 answers this week

3,226 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,379 answers this week

3,226 attorneys answering