Can restitution be taken out of federal return or only state returns if was not federal charges?

San Francisco, CA |

If I paroled from a ca state prison can they seize my federal tax return too or only state return via franchise tax board?

I believe it can be taken wherever they can find it. The state taxes are the easiest for them .

I don't see how they can touch your federal return. They can seize your bank account and if you deposited your return there it'll go with everything else.

You will find out shortly, won't you. This is more of a question for a collections or tax attorney.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.