Can rehab stop someone with a warrent from going to jail while in treatment

Marietta, GA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

missed court for failure too appear. and out on bond for trafficking meth. failed a drug test on pretrial

Not without a good lawyer to explain it to the judge.

thank u for ur time in answering my question ...so talkin to.my court appointed lawyer is ny best chance

Noah Howard Pines

Noah Howard Pines

That or hiring your own lawyer who can devote more time to your case.

No, but a lawyer might.

thank u for ur time in answering my question ...i believe u r my home girl s lawyer ms evans

No. Once a warrant has been issued it must be satisfied. If he hires an attorney the attorney may be able to get the warrant set aside without him having to go into custody.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.