Can reduce my felony for sale of meth had 1 gram , it was set up by lapd ?

Asked over 1 year ago - North Hollywood, CA

have only possession of narc and possession of firearm .

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Forest Michele Wilkerson

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Neither possession for sale or actual sales is capable of reduction to a misdemeanor. In relation to methamphetamine, only a charge of simple possession is capable of being reduced to a misdemeanor. If you are charged with this, and you believe that you were entrapped by the police, you will need an attorney to handle your case. If you can't afford an attorney, make sure that you have the public defender appointed, because you will need an attorney to present an entrapment defense. It's a difficult defense to present, but one capable of being successful, so make sure you have a good attorney who is knowledgeable about drug cases.

  2. Jayan Hong

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Ms. Wilkerson's answer that the charge cannot be reduced to a misdemeanor. I would also add that an attorney could help you get this charge reduced to something other than sales of meth such as simple possession of meth but that really depends on the circumstances of the case. I would highly recommend you speak to an attorney and let them know about the specific facts of your case.

  3. Tai Christopher Bogan


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you haven't already plead guilty or no contest it may be possible to strike a plea deal where the crime would be reducible now or in the future. You should have an attorney represent you in the proceedings.

    The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.
  4. Michael Kevin Cernyar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Possession with a firearm is taken very seriously by the prosecution, so it's unlikely that the prosecution will reduce the charges. The judge cannot reduce the charges. So, your best bet to reduce charges is to have your attorney take the matter to prelim to try to reduce the charges. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation. If you don't have an attorney, then I strongly suggest you contact at least one soon.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,451 answers this week

2,672 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,451 answers this week

2,672 attorneys answering