Can reduce my felony for sale of meth had 1 gram , it was set up by lapd ?

North Hollywood, CA |

have only possession of narc and possession of firearm .

1. Neither possession for sale or actual sales is capable of reduction to a misdemeanor. In relation to methamphetamine, only a charge of simple possession is capable of being reduced to a misdemeanor. If you are charged with this, and you believe that you were entrapped by the police, you will need an attorney to handle your case. If you can't afford an attorney, make sure that you have the public defender appointed, because you will need an attorney to present an entrapment defense. It's a difficult defense to present, but one capable of being successful, so make sure you have a good attorney who is knowledgeable about drug cases.

2. I agree with Ms. Wilkerson's answer that the charge cannot be reduced to a misdemeanor. I would also add that an attorney could help you get this charge reduced to something other than sales of meth such as simple possession of meth but that really depends on the circumstances of the case. I would highly recommend you speak to an attorney and let them know about the specific facts of your case.

3. If you haven't already plead guilty or no contest it may be possible to strike a plea deal where the crime would be reducible now or in the future. You should have an attorney represent you in the proceedings.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

4. Possession with a firearm is taken very seriously by the prosecution, so it's unlikely that the prosecution will reduce the charges. The judge cannot reduce the charges. So, your best bet to reduce charges is to have your attorney take the matter to prelim to try to reduce the charges. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation. If you don't have an attorney, then I strongly suggest you contact at least one soon.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.