Can prove food poisoning

Asked almost 3 years ago - Daytona Beach, FL

i ate at mcdonalds on 10/12/ 11 got sick went to hospital,bactrial gastroenteritis.i contaced there claims representative but he keeps telling me they didnt get papers from hospital yet which i signed off on around 11/23/11.should i have my own lawyer? lynette

1. Aaron James Irving

Pro

Answered . You do have the option of hiring an attorney to assist you with this. Attorneys tend to get faster responses than pro se litigants. We'd be happy to speak with you and provide a free 15 minute phone consultation.

www.krrlaw.com

2. Barry A. Stein

Pro

Answered . Food poisoning cases are not favored by attorneys as you have to prove that the food that you ate at the restaurant caused the problem AND that you have some permanent injury as opposed to some problem which has resolved. If you want medical expenses paid, then would keep your contact with the claims representative in writing and not by telephone. You need to decide what you want and what you can provide before you decide if you should hire an attorney or not.