Skip to main content

Can probation be revoked for traffic tickets?

Harrisburg, PA |

I plead guilty in November 2009 to simple assault and misdemeanor impersonation charges. I was sentenced to a total of 4 years probation, which will expire in September. Since November I have received 4 traffic citations, and my probation officer has said that he will violate my probation based on "too much police contact." Can he legally do this and what are my options for defending this from happening?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The PO can seek a violation based on the issuance of the citations. You should retain a criminal defense attorney to fight the citations in district court and to represent you at the violation hearing. It will be money well spent to be represented by competent council. Good luck.


It's up to the discretion of the pdonation officer, as noted by attorney Keller, contact a defense attorney to address the tickets and violation

All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.


I agree with the excellent advice you've received from Attorneys Keller and Crawford. Whether a violation report is filed with the court is definitely up to the PO and his/her supervisor. Whether you are actually violated and what punishment is received is up to the court. Seek the assistance of counsel to help you defend the traffic citations and assist you with any resulting violation.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer