Can probate stop foreclosure

Asked over 3 years ago - Hillsboro, OR

I have a signed document stating that in the event of death, ownership of property reverts to myself. if the estate is i probate, can I stop foreclosure if ownership of the property is contested?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. John Gerth Merna


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . This sounds like a hypothetical question. Based on what you have stated in your question alone the answer would be no. However, filing a court action and gaining a court order halting the foreclosure would work.

    This answer in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. The answer is not a complete answer and requires... more
  2. Theodore Lyons Araujo


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You would have to intervene in the foreclosure process in State court.

    Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,451 answers this week

3,333 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,451 answers this week

3,333 attorneys answering