Can probate stop foreclosure

Hillsboro, OR |
Filed under: Property foreclosure

I have a signed document stating that in the event of death, ownership of property reverts to myself. if the estate is i probate, can I stop foreclosure if ownership of the property is contested?

1. This sounds like a hypothetical question. Based on what you have stated in your question alone the answer would be no. However, filing a court action and gaining a court order halting the foreclosure would work.

This answer in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. The answer is not a complete answer and requires additional facts in order to provide the best options. The submitter accepts the risk of relying on such an incomplete answer and waives any claims of damages for doing so. As stated in the answer the submitter should contact a qualified bankruptcy attorney is discuss these issues further before any action is taken. Any action taken without advise and counsel of a qualified attorney is inadvisable.

2. You would have to intervene in the foreclosure process in State court.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts only and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to those three States. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act on any of this advice. You should not rely on this advice alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship.