Can police secretly video record and/or audio record a citizen? Ex; video cameras set up in a park.

It is being "rumored", that the Tucson police are using both audio and visual recordings to catch people dealing drugs in public parks.

Tucson, AZ -

Lonnie K McDowell

Lonnie K McDowell

Bankruptcy Attorney - Prescott Valley, AZ

The important word is "public." There is little or no expectation of privacy in a public park.

Peter Charles Blair

Peter Charles Blair

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Diego, CA

Are you sure it is secret? Many times the state will use such video surveillance, but will be required to post signs alerting people of the cameras. Stop light cameras, for example. Contact an attorney in your jurisdiction to obtain information regarding state and municipal laws regarding the issue.