Can police keep prescription medication for evidence

Asked over 4 years ago - Tacoma, WA

i was stoped for dui no charges have been filed but they wont give back my medication

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Lynn Gorelick

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . You should contact an attorney who practices in your jurisdiction for specifics. If the police seized your medication, and no charges are going to be filed, assuming you have valid prescription for the medication, you may be able to have it returned immediately without the consent of the prosecutor. If the charges are filed, depending on what you are charged with, your attorney, if appropriate, can file a motion to return property.

    In California, misdemeanor charges must be filed within one year of the arrest. Again, your local attorney should be able to make phone calls for you and assist in the return of your medication

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,761 answers this week

2,846 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,761 answers this week

2,846 attorneys answering