Can penal code192(c)(2) disqualify me from enlisting in the military? And is there a waiver to waive my charges so i can join?

Asked over 1 year ago - Olivehurst, CA

I've been trying to enlist into the Air Force for the last 2 years. My recruiter says what i was charged for was a felony but clearly it says i was 17 when it happened and was charged as a misdemeanor. Please help me out so i can enlist as soon as possible and if there are any ideas that you may recommend on me doing, let me know so. Thank you for your time.

1. Kelvin P. Green

2

Answered . The military does not care what it was charged at nor what the State of California classifies it. In the Air Force Recruiting Manual, vehicular Manslaughter is a major/Category 1 offense and requires the highest moral waiver.

It depends on what waivers they will process. It is up to the recruiter and not much to change ths...

2. William Emil Cassara

Pro

2

Answered . The military is a in a period of significant down sizing and, as such, is very selective about who they take. As with any prospective employer, it is their call. So if they decide to not grant you a waiver, there is nothing you can do about it. While your desire to serve is admirable, there is little you can do to change this.

3. Philip Douglas Cave

Pro

2

Answered . The underlying offense is the key here.
    You won't get a waiver.
    THere is a drawdown in military manning. They are only seeking people with unblemished records.

4. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . Your recuriter is ground zero for what can and cannot be done. They have given you the correct information.

FWIW, You are ineligible to join any service branch--ever.
    No waivers, letters of recommendation or any other acts or actions will make you eligible to enlist. Sorry for the bad news.