Can payable traffic records be expunged?

Rockville, MD |

I've been to court several times to contest for my traffic tickets and now I have too much!
I'm trying to see if I can get them expunged. Can they be expunged?

1. Speeding tickets cannot be expunged in Maryland. Only traffic and criminal charges that carry possible jail time can be expunged if the individual is eligible for an expungement and it is an offense where expungement is permitted. Minor traffic violations that are non-incarcerable cannot be expunged.

See this guide:

http://www.courts.state.md.us/courtforms/joint/ccdccr072br.pdf

2. Your speeding tickets cannot be expunged. However, points (whether from speeding tickets or otherwise) only stay on you license for two years. The MVA may have some issues with you depending on the number of points and when you got them. You should consult an experienced attorney to see how best to handle these matters. There may be things you can do, if the tickets were recently resolved.

Please understand, without forming an attorney/client relationship this office is not providing legal advice. We are simply providing general information which should not be acted upon without careful consideration and the assistance of an experienced attorney.