Can past due parking tickets be negotiated down?

Chicago, IL |

I have a ton of parking tickets in my past and they have added up. Is there any way to get them lowered and pay one lump sum?

1. Not likely.

2. Nope, I've tried for clients and it hasn't worked. The best that they will do is a payment plan.

3. In Chicago, strapped for cash and saddled with one financial fiasco after another? Not a chance in my opinion.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

4. maybe a payment plan?

5. A payment plan may help you if you are looking to get your license reinstated, however you are probably going to have to pay at least half the amount owed before any hold on your license could be lifted.